Menu

01 March 2012

A Week of Seuss

Hi there! Hello! How are you?! :) Well, I hope!

This week has been a week of fun and maybe a little bit of magic all around the world! It is the birthday week of the one and only Dr. Seuss! He was my favorite as a child, and I love that he is so widely celebrated for his creativity and heart! My daughters love him, and that makes me so happy!

This week at O's school they have had a Seuss themed day every day! For the last 2 months the 2nd grade has been rehearsing their "Seussical." Tonight was the big night and my sweet Olie was such a bright star! I loved getting to see her on stage, singing her heart out to little Seuss songs.

In honor of her Seussical this week I incorporated a theme from one of his books into lunch each day. With the exception of tomorrow... school has already been cancelled due to the impending storm threat! Here's to hoping everyone everywhere, but especially in the southeast stays safe tomorrow!

Monday: I woke up and only had about 20 minutes to get O up & ready for school and lunch made. So, pardon my green eggs and ham with a sloppy turkey & cheese border. haha. This lunch is brown rice (dyed with yellow food coloring to make it orange-y), egg whites cut into circles, tiny turkey circles colored green with food safe markers, and a little ham cut from a slice of provolone- again colored with food safe markers.

Tuesday: A cat in the hat minus the cat! You see a salad in the larger container, a cheese (provolone) hat colored with food safe marker, and in the divided container more cheese with grapes, and pineapples.

Wednesday: the LORAX! He's my favorite because he teaches children to value our planet. This is blue bow-tie pasta (I used Wilton cake gel dye), steamed French beans, and the Truffula trees & Lorax are made from cheese. His eyes are candy.

Thursday: One fish two fish red fish blue fish! :) This is Olie's favorite Dr. Seuss book. She has a salad with goldfish, cheese numbers, red & blue fish (one boiled egg, halved), raw walnuts, 2 tagalong girl scout cookies, and a heart-shaped cupcake topper. 

For more awesome Dr. Seuss lunches, hop on over to Emily at Bentobloggy!

18 comments:

  1. hehehe, i love them ALL :) i think the Lorax is my favorite though. so so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I like the Lorax too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! ! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! ! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them all, great Lorax!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look great. My favorite is the Lorax, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing stuff! The blue noodles? GENIUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, I love all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are all fabulous but I think the Lorax is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect Lorax & Seuss trees! I love the Fish planetbox. Wonderful lunches :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Lorax Bento is out of this world! So amazing!

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love them all! Except the green eggs and ham. "I only had 20 minutes to get ready and still banged out an awesome hand-cut ham with hambone"? REALLY?! I hate you a little... :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Planetbox! And ditto Ludicrous Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the most fantastical Lorax!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful lunches!! The Lorax is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!