Menu

19 April 2012

Strawberry Vanilla Protein Muffins

I keep on *saying* I am going to start baking again. Only.. I don't because I don't want to eat all the cupcakes and junk I used to bake. Believe me, I'm fantastic at creating sugary confections BUT they're not the best thing to eat if you're trying to eat clean!

So today I decided to attempt baking with protein powder. I have made pancakes and blueberry muffins from the TONE IT UP plan, and they turned out great. With the knowledge I have gained from various blogs about substituting healthy ingredients for not so healthy ingredients... I give you my first "recipe."

You will need:

1 1/4c vanilla (or strawberry!) protein powder
3/4c egg whites (or approx 4 egg's whites!)
1 tbsp chia
1 tbsp ground flax (unless your BETH, then you can leave this out!)
1 1/2 tsp unsweetened almond milk (or strawberry soy milk)
1tbsp water
1/2 banana mashed
1/4-1/2c strawberry chobani
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon (next time I am going to leave this out and add 1tsp honey!)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 (heaping) c chopped strawberries
sea salt (optional)

Mix all the ingredients together & bake at 350 until brown on top (about 12 minutes).











These are going to be FANTASTIC with a schmear of peanut butter in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!