Menu

25 May 2012

Summer Salad

Summer is my FAVORITE season. True story. I love the hot weather, the humidity, the can't breathe sultry air hitting you as soon as you walk out of your nice, air conditioned house! Summer in the South is amazing. I don't think you can beat the patriotic themed bbq's, the family gatherings, crazy days at the lake, fireworks displays... the mosquitoes! haha!

Tonight my grandparents grilled out, and I made a nice chickpea salad! It was inspired by a pin from OH SHE GLOWS on pinterest. My grandma didn't have all the ingredients for the salad I was drooling over, so we just threw together what we had and it ended up being AMAZING.

You need:
1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 cucumber, peeled & diced
1/2 bell pepper (any color, we had a yellow/green one), diced
1 tomato, diced
fresh cilantro (we like a lot)
sea salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
2-3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp white vinegar

optional: diced jalepeno



Just mix, chill, enjoy! It paired great with grilled corn on the cob!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!