Menu

31 March 2016

Best Damn Guac

Avocados.

You love them or you hate them. Until a couple of years ago, I hated them. Sometimes, when they're too mushy and I try to eat them any other way besides guacamole, I still hate them. GAG over that texture!!

Last night I had some leftover spicy chicken soup (I made extra last week and froze individual portions for easy dinners this week!) for dinner, but my problem is.. I love a CRUNCH. I normally top the soup with avocado slices but my avocado was a smidge overly ripe for me. So I threw some kale in the oven for kale chips & made some guacamole! I felt rather lazy so I didn't chop up all the fresh ingredients I normally would.

Lazy Lady Guac is what I should have named this. haha

guacamole, healthy guacamole, iifym snacks, avocado, weight loss

For this super easy guacamole, I only used 1/2 an avocado (it was all I had leftover from the previous day).
1/2 avocado
6 grape tomatoes
1/8 tsp garlic powder (I didn't measure but this is approximate)
1/8 tsp onion powder (I didn't measure but this is approximate)
1/8 tsp seasoned salt (bet you can guess what I was going to type here)
1/2 tsp freeze dried chives
sea salt & black pepper to taste
generous dousing of lime juice (1/2 a lime)

Mix everything together and Voila! you have super fast, easy, still delicious guacamole. I normally add fresh cilantro but I was out, so I just went with extra chives. 

For my kale chips:
place on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, seasoned salt, honey, and crushed red pepper. Bake until crunchy at 300 degrees.

Perfect snack for any time!!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!