Menu

30 March 2016

Super Green Salad

Hello there!

Today I'm sharing a cute little salad (that I had for lunch)!

I love having people over for dinner & entertaining, and I love love love plating. Nerdy, right? Anyway, this salad is meant to be an appetizer, however after I took the photo I tripled the ingredients and had it for lunch. :)


This is a very simple salad with only a few ingredients. I like to have simpler lunches when I'm on the go/in a rush to get out of the house.

Since these are all healthy things, I didn't measure any of them!

Cucumber, thinly sliced the long way
arugula + spinach mix
grape tomatoes
avocado
pistachios
pink sea salt
black pepper
I used a high protein yoghurt avocado cilantro dressing

Salads are so flexible and easy! These are fun for appetizers, and you could definitely skip the cute cucumber bowl and make a larger version, and add red pepper flakes, grilled chicken, sharp cheddar cheese.

To make this cute appetizer version, you'll need some toothpicks. I have TONS of cute picks since BENTO! :) Take your cucumber slice and secure the ends together to create a circle. Fill the cucumber "bowl" with your greens, and garnish with the avocado, tomato slices, salt, and pepper. I crushed the pistachios with a spoon so I could sprinkle them, and then drizzled the dressing over the cucumber bowl.

I promise, having your friends over for dinner will be so fun when you wow them with a tiny elegant salad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!