Menu

30 May 2016

Meal Prep Monday & something exciting!

Happy Memorial Day!!

First of all, please remember what today is all about. Our freedom isn't free, y'all. AMERICA is the land of the free because of our BRAVE! xo

So, I think I meal prepped on Sunday last week. However, since we had this extra day off from life, I waited until today. It really kind of worked out, I had procrastinated and we planned to go swimming today... except its raining so no swimming for us. We went downtown to see the memorial day parade, and then we came home and I got started meal prepping for the week.

Today I prepped breakfast for Andy+the kids for the week, the kids lunches, and dinner for everyone. I'm starting my new J O B so things will be pretty hectic! Between work, school, kids activities, Andy's work events, church, and just trying to have a social life/keep my house semi clean... I'm trying to be prepared!

For breakfasts I made them egg+sausage muffins. These are SO easy. I whisked together 2 dozen eggs, and cooked a container of breakfast sausage (crumbled, like hamburger). Coat your muffin pan with non-stick spray, add the egg mixture (I just used salt and pepper in my eggs this week), add a spoonful of cooked sausage to each muffin cup, bake at 400 until the eggs are done. This made 2.5 dozen egg and sausage muffins.

For the kids lunches, I went with an old favorite. Corndog muffins. Jiffy cornbread mix, and hotdogs. 4 hotdogs per box mix. Bake at 400 and store for later!

For dinners, today I have verde chicken in the crockpot. A double batch so I can use this for my lunches as well as a couple of dinners.

I also made lentil soup. We had a lot of veggies in the fridge that were near extinction. SO, soup was my answer. Its also vegetarian, which is a change for us since meat is the main course every meal every day.

For the soup, I used onion, carrots, fresh green beans, a can of fire roasted tomatoes, fresh celery, garlic powder, a bag of lentils, and fresh mushrooms. I used a bit of olive oil in the soup pot and sautéed the onions and green beans together until the onions were almost clear. Then I added the celery and let it wilt a bit. I then added 2 cups of water, the rest of the fresh green beans, carrots, tomatoes, and then 6 more cups of water. I let it simmer for about an hour and then I added the bag of lentils. Then 2 more cups of water. Once the lentils expanded I turned the soup off to let it cool to room temperature before I put some in containers to freeze and save the rest for dinner this week.

The last thing on our dinner menu this week will be spaghetti. Sophia's pick, and she chose penne noodles. The sauce will be made fresh with orange, red, and yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and garlic. I have to work an event one night this week so Andy will do the sauce. I will pre-dice all the veggies and so all he will have to do is brown the meat, add the veggies to the sauce, and make the noodles. Easy peasy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!