Menu

22 May 2016

Meal Prep SUNDAY


Meal Prep Sunday is something that hasn't happened in a LONG time in my house!

Andy's home every night now and he's off to the office every morning, its so wonderful! School is winding up though and I am NOT a morning person (I'm working on changing that). So breakfast is never a priority for any of us. I always buy easy things for Olivia to eat in the mornings but Sophia usually just wants pretzels on the way to school, sometimes goldfish. And I usually don't even eat until noon. I know that Andy is always starving when he comes home for lunch since he doesn't eat breakfast (we are both heavy coffee drinkers, I will drink an entire pot of coffee every morning if I don't have somewhere to go!).

Today, I prepared his breakfasts for the week and they're easy little egg muffins. Southwest style.

Step one: Cut flour tortillas into small square shapes and line muffin pan with them. Then add greenery (I used baby kale)

Step 2: add your veggies. I diced red and orange bell peppers, and mushrooms.
Step 3: whisk your eggs together with sea salt, pepper, and coriander. Spoon 2-3 tbsp egg mixture onto the veggies, and then add another tortilla square.

Step 4: repeat steps 2 & 3!

Next, add the tortilla bits you cut off the round tortillas to make squares. Brush them with olive oil, and sprinkle with cheese. I used parmesan, because that is one of our favorites and we already had it in the fridge. 

Bake at 350 until the eggs are done.
When they're finished, the tortillas and cheese will be crispy, and your eggs are golden yellow and finished (not runny). 

I am going to prep my own egg muffins tomorrow, with peppers and mushrooms as well. However, I will only use egg whites on mine and I am going to skip the tortillas and cheese. 

They're the perfect grab and go breakfast, they're tasty when they're cold but 30 seconds in the microwave is perfect, too. 

Next Up:
Rainbow Meatloaf Muffins


So basically, this is just a great way to get my kids to eat vegetables. Well, Sophia. She HATES anything called a "vegetable" ... 

This is 93/7 ground beef (about 2 pounds), 3 egg whites, 1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 yellow bell pepper, 1c diced mushrooms, and 2 carrots, shredded. 

Mix everything, scoop into a muffin tin, and bake at 350 until the meat is done.

These are another easy grab and go item for lunch. They're also super convenient for late nights (hello, t-ball season). Just steam some vegetables to go alongside or if your house is like my house, your kids are begging for macaroni and cheese. 

I'm also going to do a bit of meal prep tomorrow-- chicken salad is all I have left! 

That is super easy, I'm using canned chicken, a gala apple, crushed almonds, and a bit of olive oil mayo. Serve over a bed of greens and you've got a great, easy lunch! Also good with grapes instead of apples.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!