Menu

22 July 2013

Taco Salad {the family table}

Or non table, in our case. Yeah... we have to buy one for our new house! :)

Here's my most recent taco salad recipe. I'm always making new things in to tacos and taco salad... I can't help it, tacos are my fave food EVAH!

You'll need:
1 lb ground turkey
1/4c chopped fresh cilantro
1 c prepared brown rice
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
chili powder
cayenne pepper

Brown meat with cilantro, set aside. Add rice, beans, and spices. You may want to add 1/4c water and let everything simmer for a bit.

Put the mixture on top of a few chips, top with lettuce, tomatoes, all the toppings you desire!

I made some guacamole to go on the side, too.
1 avocado
juice from 1/2 lime
fresh cilantro to taste
sea salt
black pepper
cayenne pepper
tomatoes

smush everything, add tomatoes, enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!