Menu

04 June 2015

Verde Chicken & Cilantro Lime Quinoa {KandiPie Kitchen}

Hi there!

Today I am sharing a recipe that I use for my health coaching clients.. and myself! :) It is currently one of my favorite meals. I love everything salsa, cilantro, lime, hot sauce, and so this is perfect for me.


I serve this on top of a salad, because I love salad and because #povertymacros. Well, if I was still counting macros. haha.

The chicken is super easy: in a crockpot, add 4 chicken breasts and 1/2-3/4 jar "my brothers" salsa verde (you can use any brand but that's my favorite). Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours. When the chicken is cooked thoroughly, use a large fork (I use a wooden spoon/spork type thing) to shred the chicken inside the crockpot. Let it sit on warm/low for another 20-30 minutes to soak up all the salsa and juices left in the crockpot.

For the quinoa, I have already prepped a large container of quinoa for the week, so I just use 1/2c red quinoa, cooked according to the package instructions. It doesn't have to be red quinoa, either. Mix the 1/2c quinoa with 1-2tbsp plain greek yogurt (depending on how creamy you like your textures). Also mix in the juice from 1/2 a lime, and a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped.

You can mix the quinoa and chicken together and eat it as a "one bowl meal" or you can use them for burritos, salads, etc. So many possibilities! :)

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!