Menu

27 March 2020

Five On Friday // 3.27.20

Happy Friday!

Y'all. This has been the most surreal time of my entire life (and yours too, I'm sure!). We are wrapping up our week of spring break here... possibly the most chill spring break we have ever had. I hope you've been able to rest and relax while working from home, and that you're keeping your mental health a top priority during this time!

Five On Friday

1. Well, let me just start with what is probably the most exciting part of anyone's spring break, quarantine life, life in general, at all, ever, this week. The Tiger King. If you don't have Netflix, get it. JUST so you can watch this hilarious, incredible... very real account of a man in Oklahoma and his Tiger rivals. OMG. That is all I can say. You'll appreciate the memes coming out of it possibly even more than the show. LOL
Tiger King Meme Netflix

2. My elbow. I don't have a picture to go with this one, but I got to go get follow up x-rays on my elbow Wednesday, and I am so excited to be able to say... I have the go ahead to start lifting again! My elbow is still "about 4 weeks from being totally normal," but I can begin using my arm in a normal capacity again. I have never been so happy to talk to a doctor in my entire life! It has been 5 weeks since I fell in the gym and broke it. Yesterday I did a small shoulder workout (and I mean, SMALL). I am sore today and it feels so good! My elbow and wrist are also slightly sore/tender, so I am glad I kept the workout light and quick.

3. The weather has been perfect (although pollen-y) for outdoor activities. It has been very hard on Sophia being in 'social distancing' mode because unfortunately, many parents on our street do not feel that their kids need to stay in their own yards/homes. Kids ring our doorbell a few times a day to see if Sophia can go out to play. We keep telling them, she is not going to be able to go out to play with a group until everyone goes back to school. It is so sad for her but it is necessary. I wish other parents would follow social distancing rules. We have gone on two really great hikes over the last week. Yesterday we did 4 miles at the top of Mt. Magazine, and the trail was practically deserted. Score! The views were great, the weather was amazing, and it was an all around great day.
Hike Mt Magaizine

4. I am spending my days in quarantine honing my youtube video editing skills (they are terrible, admittedly). Sophia has been on me for like two years to make more youtube videos for her. So this week, she baked cookies with her favorite stuffed animal Pusheen. She video'd herself. I strung the videos together and now she's awaiting her pending youtube fame. If you're reading this, please go "like" her video. It would just make her day!



5. Writing. With this whole 'work from home' thing (starting Monday, I'll be teaching kindergarten via Zoom conferences), I seriously cannot find one excuse not to write. I have a list of things that Andy and I came up with for book chapters... our planned book about our off the wall family travels and adventures and methods of parenting. I feel slightly silly... like I cannot even blog consistently how on earth will I write a book? The thing is, I love to write. I have always, always wanted to write a book. Andy has been encouraging me to write a book since like 2010. Here we are. I think I am out of excuses! I would like to try out some of our ideas as blog posts and gauge feedback. If we get any....... because this little corner of the internet has been dormant for so long. :) We will see where life takes us, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!