Menu

15 January 2016

Spaghetti Squash & Basil Salad

Grain free has been pretty fun so far. Except last night the kids had friends over, so we got pizzas, and I ate some. IT WAS SO TASTY. But immediately I felt bloated and sluggish. Interesting! I love seeing how the body reacts to different foods. Anyway, the pizza did taste great but I don't think its "omg so worth it" to feel so yucky after a meal.

Wednesday evening, I made a delicious meal from Primal Palate's Make It Paleo cookbook. Spaghetti squash with meat sauce, and a wonderful tomato & basil salad. I love, love, LOVE fresh basil and I'm not really sure why I don't make this salad like, daily. I make a similar dish very often, but without the olives & fresh basil. This was so much better. Definitely going on the menu rotation.



The sauce was so so good with fresh zucchini, mushrooms, onion, garlic, tomatoes.. sautéed in coconut oil and spaghetti squash baked with garlic. I did kind of miss garlic bread, but I think next time I make this meal I will make a small loaf of bread from almond flour or coconut flour. 

--

Yesterday, Sophia didn't have school so we went to the library. I wanted to check out the book "Against All Grain," but they didn't have it. They did have "Wheat Belly," and that is on my list of books to read, so not a total fail! I am trying to read one leisure book every 1-2 weeks and then one educational book each month this year. I love reading and I'm so excited that we got library cards! We had them when we lived at our old house a couple of years ago, or we applied for them, and then we never returned to the library to pick them up so they expired. Sophia loves the library! She got a book about cats and aspergers. Crazy weird pick, but its what she wanted! 

I haven't planned any of our meals for the rest of this week. Tonight will be leftover spaghetti squash. I have some chicken I need to bake but I don't think it will be anything exciting. I'm definitely going to re-make the basil tomato salad this weekend. I would like to try some grain free baking, and a friend of mine sent me a coffee cake recipe I may try! 

Until next time! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!