Menu

09 January 2016

Vino League [2016]

Last night was the first Vino League of 2016! It was a lot of fun. It was also the first Vino League that I haven't hosted that I've been able to attend (and only the 2nd one I have not hosted!).

In August of 2014, I started Vino League as a small groups connection at my church, St. John's Episcopal in downtown Fort Smith. It has grown so much since then. I have learned a lot about which wines I like and don't. I have also learned a lot about the people that come to this small group meeting, about their history, their present, their hearts. I have made so many friends that I cherish through this small group! I'm really proud of how it is evolving-- last night our hostess Suzy had a wine expert come in and talk to us about the wines she served. A couple of people that usually don't attend from church came, and that was also really nice! I love to see the group growing. There were also our regulars, smiling faces that I love so much and look forward to seeing each Sunday morning and each time we gather to taste wine.

Becky, one of our usuals, made these adorable wine charms! She owns Buck Snort Pottery, and she's so so good at creating unique pieces. Suzy gave me this one, and its appropriate! Though, not as much as I used to be, but always working on getting back to that place. 

We had such a great turn out- thank you so much Suzy & Mike at Beland Manor Inn for hosting. 

So much I could say here. NERDS partner. Best friend. Shoulder I cry on when I need to let it all out. Master name caller. Partner in crime. I'm way mushier than her so I guess its ok for me to write this... I would not love where I live, this city I call home, so much if it was not for Nikki (and Phil). Friends that become family are the best kinds. Andy and I are so thankful to have these people in our lives.


Wines we tried:

Marchesi Antinori Pian delle Vigne

Feudo Arancio Sicilia Dalila 2012

Marchesi Antinori Badia a Passignano Chianti Classico Gran Selezione 2013
Feudo Arancio Sicilia Cantodoro 2012 (my favorite) 

And two rosé that I didn't get to scan into my Vivino app. I have asked Suzy for the names of them, hopefully she can remember!

Next time we have Vino League I'm not sure where it will be or who will be hosting. I am enjoying letting others take a turn to make VL their own.

Until next time... xoxo kp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!