Menu

04 February 2012

Meet Amy!








starting weight: 163.6

We Aren't Scared Of Sugar: Tell us your favorite motivational quote.
Amy:  "There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." -Nelson Mandela

WASOS: What is your favorite healthy recipe?
Amy: I don’t really have any healthy recipes (just really started cooking not that long ago…everything I “cooked” would come from a box) 

Here is a recipe I found from Pillsbury and have adjusted some things in it. Pillsbury Grands Easy Taco Melts: 
Ingredients:
1lb. ground turkey, cooked and drained1
 ½ cups picante sauce (the recipe calls for chunky salsa but I don’t like the chunky stuff)
1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits (they have a low fat one)
½ cup Monterey Jack or Mexican blend cheese, shredded

Directions:In 10-inch skillet mix cooked beef and ½ cup of the salsa (I just a whole cup). Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until hot. Press each biscuit into a 6-inch round. Spoon 1/3 cup meat mixture and 1 tbsp. cheese into the center of each round. Fold dough in half over filling; press edges to seal.Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 9-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining salsa. 

WASOS: What is your ultimate fitness goal?
Amy: To be healthy and happy for myself and no one else. Once I do that then it will trickle down to my boys and husband, but I’ve realized that if I’m not happy with myself then I can’t be the best mom and wife I know I can be!

You can follow Amy on twitter by clicking HERE.
And if you haven't already, you should go like the We Aren't Scared of Sugar facebook page by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!