Menu

06 January 2012

52:1

Hello! Happy Friday!

I am going to participate in Project 52 with Shawna from StyleberryBlog. I find her to be an inspiration, and I love the idea of keeping a photo journal for my kids.

I have been thinking about this all week long, and I really wish I would have done this project last year. Although, with the theme I've decided to go with, now is probably a better time. Are you ready?.... wait for it.. wait.. ok! :) The theme I have chosen is 'sisters'. Completely, totally corny, but this year I would like to really focus on what it means to my kids to have each other. I come from a huge family, I have 3 brothers, a sister, and now a little step brother. My siblings and I were really close as kids. That close relationship doesn't always carry over into adulthood (not for all of us, anyway), and I would really like to be able to show my kids... "love your sister, she's all you have." Which is the name of my project, and will be the name of my photo book when I create it, next January. Because that is what my mom always told me, and my younger sister, every single time we would have a fight. Which, sometimes, was more often than not. My mom.. she was right. My sister is, above all, my very best friend. We might not always talk a lot, but I know she is there for me, and I hope she knows that I am always going to be here for her.

 I can't wait until Olivia and Sophia have their first real fight, when Sophie is bigger... and I get to say "Love your sister, she's all you have!"

f/7.1 1/200 ISO1600

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for my daughter to to have a younger sister so I can tell her that. So cute. I’m linking you to my Project 52 that I just started at http://www.lucasandmahina.com. Hope you can link me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your theme... and I think that is such a sweet photo! I have boys, so it's always fun for me to look at little girls and oogle over their cute clothes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome!! I would love to do this in the future :) xoxo www.lovelucinda.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats so sweet. can't wait to see more from this project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuuute theme! & I love your blog title!! (we arent scared either! ;)) Thanks for linking up this year! Happy to have you as a part of the 2012 project 52 circle! *s

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!