Menu

15 January 2012

Holy Day

Sunday is a holy day. A day for church. We don't attend a local church. As episcopalians, we are churchless here. The nearest episcopal church is an hour away. So, aside from holidays & when Andy is home to help me with the children.. we don't go. That makes me sad.

Anyway, where I was going with that whole "Holy Day" title, our bodies are our temples. So I wonder how so many people can put such awful things into their literal temple (body) when they try so hard not to put awful things in their figurative temple (mind/heart). I'm guilty of both, I sin and sometimes I fail at health and have a soda. {moving on}

Sundays are weigh in & body measure day for me. I have worked so hard this week, pushing myself physically and it paid off. I lost 1.5lbs, and I lost an inch from my natural waist, abs, thighs, calves. I also lost half an inch off my arms. I feel great. and I feel like I can really tell a difference in my body. I'm sure that part is all in my head, and those that see me won't notice.. but I feel it. Its a great feeling. I can't wait to reach my goals and be able to post my before/after photos. That moment will be glorious.

I am hosting the Spring Break Bikini Challenge- a motivating challenge between a group of girls to see who can lose the most body fat percent. Everyone wants a great bikini body before their big spring break trips! If you are interested in entering, you can find out more details on my facebook page. The entry fee is $20, and the winner (biggest loser) walks away with all the cash. The last challenge I hosted had 13 ladies and $260. I am happy to report the winner was my friend Beth, and she has continued to lose weight and be healthy! I am so proud of her!

Since the weight has been coming off, I can no longer wear my engagement ring without my wedding band being on the wrong side to keep it on. I have been wearing my rings the "widow" way, which I feel really uncomfortable with since my husband is in Iraq... I went ahead and took my engagement ring off today. It is safely tucked away in my jewelry box until I can get it to the jewelers and have it re-sized. Which makes me really nervous because my ring didn't come from just any jewelry store, my husband custom designed my ring from a diamond bank. He picked out each individual diamond. All together my ring is 2 carats and VVS1. I love it. Its perfect. Just like my sweet Andrew.

I have one other thing I want to touch on... VITAMINS. I have a huge daily regimen for vitamins! I take Biotin and B12 for my hair, Zinc for my face, a womens multi (which has been replaced with two flintstones because I haven't placed another order with bodybuilding.com) fish oil, evening primrose oil (just started this again last night for my eczema), and green tea extract. I'm curious to know what vitamins you take or have taken, and why?

6 comments:

  1. body weight % not body fat % correct??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! i type it wrong every time! i did that last time too, remember! Correct me if i put the wrong thing in the group, i'm making a mental note not to... but we'll see how it goes. haha.

      Delete
  2. It always blows my mind how people can shove their faces full of crap, over eat (gluttony), etc. then tell everyone else how sinful they are for doing whatever they don't agree with. Gluttony is just as big a sin as anything else!! Haha sorry I feel kind of strong about that. Anyways. Right now I take sublingual B12 and 5000 IUs of D3. I've had deficiencies in both of those. I take a multi when I remember to. Oh and fish oil tablets sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whats the difference in sublingual b12 and regular?

      Delete
  3. Sublingual dissolves under your tongue and you get a bigger dose at once. I could either get B12 shots or take sublingual B12 every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take a prenatal vitamin (still breastfeeding but I love how it makes my hair and nails grow), B6, B12, Vitamin C, Folic Acid, Fish Oil, and extra calcium at night. The vitamin B's are for energy. Vitamin C is self explanatory. :-) The extra calcium is for my bone health. I have a family history of osteoporosis (sp?) and my doc told me to take extra calcium, but not with my multi/prenatal because it has calcium in it and the body can only absorb so much at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!