Menu

30 January 2012

Meet Gabrielle!

Gabrielle is the 4th lovely lady featured on the blog for my Spring Break Bikini Challenge!

her facebook profile picture :)

starting weight: 197

We Aren't Scared Of Sugar: Tell us your favorite motivational quote.
Gabrielle:  "If you don't love yourself BEFORE, you won't love yourself AFTER. It's your body, adore yourself at every weight."

WASOS: Tell us your favorite healthy recipe.
Gabrielle: Hunter’s Chicken - weight watchers value- 4 points or 203 cals a serving
 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about (5 oz each if you do Flex)
 Or use thighs if you like dark meat
 ½ tsp salt
 ¼ tsp pepper I added 1/2 jar of stuffed green olives
 3 tsp olive oil
 Cooking spray
 1 large onion chopped
 3 cloves of garlic, minced
 2 large bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1/2 pieces
 ½ pound fresh white mushrooms, sliced
 1 celery stalk, chopped
 1 (1 pint) container refrigerated fresh tomato pasta sauce
 fresh thyme (optional)
 1.) Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat large nonstick skillet,
 spray and add 2 tsp olive oil. Brown chicken over medium heat, about
 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, put on plate and set aside.
 Cut each breast in half.
 2.) Add remaining oil into same skillet and add onion and garlic. Stir
 until softened, about 3 minutes. Add peppers, mushrooms and celery;
 cook. Stir occasionally until softened, about 5-6 minutes. Add back in
 the chicken. Add the Sauce and stir so the chicken is coated. Bring to
 a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
 You can serve this right away, or make it in advance as it tastes even
 better the second day. This is an easy “bring to someone’s house”
 dish. This would also be excellent as a buffet dish, served in a
 chafing dish or on a hot tray. The chicken is good cold the next day.


WASOS: What is your ultimate fitness goal?
Gabrielle:  My end goal for this challenge would be 165-175. My over all goal would be to just be healthy, I want to run around with my kids and not worry if my flab is hanging over my pants or if my shirt is to tight. I want to be the person I know I can be for my husband, the better I feel the better I can be for him. Life is to short to waste wishing "what if" I have to do it now before it's to late.

You can keep up with the Spring Break Bikini Challenge updates by making sure you "like" We Aren't Scared of Sugar on facebook! Or you can follow the SBBC list on twitter, HERE


1 comment:

  1. I'm amazed, I must say. Seldom do I come across a blog that's
    both educative and amusing, and let me tell you,
    you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is an issue that too few men and women are speaking intelligently about. Now i'm very
    happy I found this during my hunt for something regarding
    this.

    Feel free to surf to my web site; diet plans to lose weight

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!