Menu

22 January 2012

Weekend!

Yay! The weekend (is almost gone... so I'm not sure why I'm cheering, haha).

Today is weigh in day.. and measure in day! I lost .5 pound.. and I lost an inch on my torso, but gained up to 1/2" everywhere else. I know why. I had wine this week. I had 2 rest days this week. I had part of a piece of chocolate cake last night for Jessica's birthday. I had pita bread last night (not a lot) at dinner. Its ok. It was a great celebration for a really sweet friend, and I will hit it hard this week! :)

the slice of cake we split between the 3 of us... and still didn't finish it. 

Another lovely Pinterest thing from yesterday: I FINALLY learned how to create the "beach wave" look with my flat iron! I love the way my hair turned out and I can't wait to practice more. I will probably look like this a lot now.. because I LOVE the whole "just back from the ocean" look. LOVE LOVE LOVE




Yesterday I was browsing Pinterest and I saw THIS recipe for Quinoa salad. So I decided to make it. Only... I modified it a bit, and I am about 100000x positive mine tasted better than the one in the recipe. haha. So, here you go, my modified quinoa salad.

1c cooked quinoa
1/4c rice vinegar (I'm totally leaving this out next time, btw)
1/8c olive oil
2 roma tomatoes, diced
cilantro
basil (leaving this out next time too...)
oregano (also going to leave out! I think that a more spanish based flavor will be better without the italian seasonings)
4oz diced green chiles
1 can of black beans, rinsed & drained
1 orange bell pepper diced
1 clove garlic, chopped finely
sliced black olives
cholula (adding way more of this next time)
optional: crushed red pepper


it was really good, except I know for sure I don't want to include the oregano or basil next time. those were included in the original recipe. 

Ok. :) Today I am going through my closet and dresser to rid myself of things I feel the need to cling to, but don't wear. Also I will do the same with my jewelry and all the random little things in my room. This week I am doing a purge throughout the entire house.. one room at a time! :) How exciting. Hopefully the decluttering will help our house look better to potential buyers. The painter starts in the morning at 0730. I can't wait to see how the house looks all boring tan. Maybe then someone will fall in love with this place and buy it. Because if that happens, and things go the way they might.. we could be picking a place to live in St. Thomas in about 5 months. So please, pray that someone buys my house!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your hair! Learning to do my hair is another thing I need to work on. Ugh. I'm a lot of work. hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!